A bed appears incomplete without a headboard. All modern homes have beds with headboards in the bedroom. A headboard is not preferred only for accentuating the interior design. It proves to be useful in various other ways as well. For instance, a headboard provides support to the bed and maintains its structural integrity for a long time. Moreover, the wall against which the bed will be placed will be kept protected from dents and abrasions. Some even offer additional storage space and help to keep the bedroom interiors organised. You will be able to rest comfortably by leaning on it as well. Many options come with extra cushioning for added comfort.
With that being said, you will have to choose the right headboard upholstery for your interior design. You will get lots of options when exploring. Make sure that you choose the right material. This will ensure that your headboard design appears appealing and feels comfortable. If you are not sure about which material you should choose, mentioned below are a few popular options with their advantages and disadvantages so that you can make the right decision:
01 of 03 Linen
One of the most popular upholstery materials for a headboard is linen. People love this material because it feels very comfortable. Hence, the headboard becomes great for resting. Further, it is a durable material and will not damage easily. People with very little free time in hand love this option as well because you do not have to worry about maintenance. Also, this is a great choice for people who want a natural fabric for the headboard. Its timeless appeal and style add to its popularity as well.
- Maintaining the material is very easy. You just have to dust and clean it timely.
- The material has high durability.
- People with allergies can use it as the material is hypoallergenic.
- The material will feel airy and comfortable as it is breathable.
- It is resistant to moisture.
- It cannot be kept exposed to direct sunlight for too long.
- The material can stain if you spill something.
- It can easily wrinkle. This can diminish the appeal of your headboard design.
- This is not the best choice if you want an affordable option.
02 of 03 Velvet
If you want an upholstery material that adds a luxe feel to your interior design, you can consider choosing velvet for it. This is also among the most common upholstery materials. It is a blend of nylon, cotton, and silk. You will simply love the beautiful royal look it will create in your home. Further, this vibrant upholstery fabric is known for its versatility.
- Its soft and luxurious texture will give your home decor an elegant and royal appeal.
- It has a stylish look and elevates the aesthetic beauty of the space.
- People installing a headboard to keep the cold away can benefit from velvet as it is a great heat insulator.
- You can easily get lots of different colours. Hence, finding the perfect match for your home decor will not be very difficult.
- This is not a great option for people who are allergic to dust as it can trap dust particles.
- People with furry pets should avoid velvet as removing pet hair from velvet is very difficult.
- Since it traps dust easily, you will have to put in a lot of effort into cleaning the material.
- The material is not very durable and can show signs of wear and tear after a couple of years.
03 of 03 Leatherette
Leather is popularly used for headboard design upholstery. However, it is made of animal skin. If you frown upon the acquiring process, you can choose leatherette instead of regular leather. Leatherette is also known as faux leather and is the perfect alternative if you want to avoid leather. This material has a high-end feel as well, but it is slightly glossier than leather. However, the material is much cheaper than leather.
- You can get a very stylish and elegant look with this material.
- The material is perfect for people with allergies.
- You do not have to worry about staining it accidentally. It is stain-resistant.
- This is a better option for people looking for affordable options.
- You do not have to worry about any foul odour after using it for some time.
- You will not get many colour options in this material.
- The material is not as durable as leather and can crack or split after a couple of years.
- You might feel hot if you lean against the headboard for too long as it is not breathable.
- You will have to be careful around it as it can scratch easily.
- Some people find the material uncomfortable.
- When and Why You Should Seek Septic Pumping ServicesJuly 21, 2023
- 6 main types of plumbing services to choose fromMay 20, 2023
- Essential Elements To Consider When Hiring A PlumberMarch 2, 2023
- Creative Interior Designs For A Cosy Reading NookDecember 5, 2022
- The Complete Guide to Cooling TechnologyNovember 21, 2022
- July 2023
- May 2023
- March 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- December 2019