Mark Roemer Oakland Gives You Tips You Should Know to Deal with Drain Repair Effectively
According to Mark Roemer Oakland, routine plumbing maintenance can prevent most minor plumbing issues and improve the longevity of the plumbing system in your house. However, even with proper maintenance, you have to deal with issues that require you to repair the plumbing system in your house. In order to ensure that the drain repair goes well, it is recommended that you follow the best plumbing practices.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips to help you deal with drain repair effectively:
- Avoid disposing of materials that can clog the drain – It is essential to be mindful of what you flush down the drains. In fact, it is recommended that you avoid disposing of anything that can clog the drains and create blockages. These include food that contains fat, oil, and grease, flushable wipes, tea, and coffee remains, paper towels, and more.
Most people don’t realize that it is not a good idea to pour grease and oil down the drain. Grease, oil, and fat tend to stick to the pipe walls and solidify over time to result in clogged drains which become tough to clean.
- Make it a habit to clean the drains every week – One of the best ways to ensure that the plumbing pipes remain clean is to give them a thorough clean every week. All you need to do is pour ½ a cup of baking soda and ½ a cup of salt, vinegar, or lemon juice down the sink and cover the sink for 30 minutes to an hour to allow the solution to work its magic.
Then, you just need to flush the mixture with hot water to eliminate any time of build-up on the surface of the pipes. Avoid using any type of chemical drain cleaners since these tend to do more harm to the drainpipes than good. However, you can use bacteriological drain cleaners every few months to clean your drains since these use natural bacteria that dissolve organic matter to clean the drains.
- Use a drain guard or strainer – Installing a drain guard or a drain strainer is one of the most effective solutions to prevent clogged drains. Drain guards are small, metal or plastic grates with tiny holes that only allow water to pass through and collect any debris and waste material such as hair so that you can remove them easily.
This reduces the risk of drainpipe blockages and helps to extend the lifespan of the drainpipes. It also reduces nasty odors that can result from clogged drainpipes.
- Insulate the plumbing lines – It is crucial to insulate the plumbing lines around your house if you live in a region where the temperature dips below 0 degrees Celsius during the winter. During the winter, the water in the pipes can freeze, expand, and burst the pipes when the temperatures get sufficiently low. Thus, it is necessary to insulate the pipes to prevent the water in the pipes from freezing.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests you hire the services of professional plumbers for routine annual checkups to ensure that the plumbing system in your house remains in good condition. Professional plumbers can do a more thorough checkup of the plumbing system in your house and reduce the risk of plumbing hazards.
- Signs It’s Time to Call an Emergency PlumberSeptember 6, 2022
- Precast Concrete Septic Tanks – The Pros and ConsAugust 22, 2022
- Interior Design Pro Tips: How To Create Privacy For Your BalconyJuly 27, 2022
- What Kitchen Cabinets Are Good Quality?June 18, 2022
- All you Should Know About a Backflow Prevention UnitJune 14, 2022